Are you up for the challenge?
Send to friends:
ORBIS is an international sight-saving charity. Through innovative programmes and partnerships, ORBIS creates long-term, lasting solutions to prevent and treat blindness worldwide. By training medical staff, strengthening in-country eye care services, expanding quality eye care provision, and preventing eye conditions, ORBIS is part of the solution.
As a result of organisational growth, ORBIS Europe, Middle East, and Africa are seeking to appoint a Management Accountant. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Finance, Programme and Fundraising teams across the region and with other global ORBIS offices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing management reporting with KPI’s to ensure effective performance monitoring.
- Working with the programme team to provide financial input to project selection and reporting within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Working in multidisciplinary teams developing donor proposals and reporting
- Monitoring expenditure against approved projects, providing variance analysis for reports for Board sub-committees.
- Providing support and training on financial reporting across the region.
- Working with the global team to implement the internal audit programme.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA). Candidates with relevant experience at Finalist level may also be considered.
- International charity experience and an understanding of key issues relevant to international development.
- Ability and willingness to travel, up to a maximum of 25% per year
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Highly numerate and analytical with good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible and pro-active with the ability to work productively both independently and within a team.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Closing Date: 18th February 2013
Interviews: Week commencing 4th March 2013
All applicants must have legal right to live and work in the UK
Application is via curriculum vitae and covering letter, giving reasons for applying for the role, to Nathalie Pinel, Business Support Manager, ORBIS EMEA, 4th Floor, Fergusson House, 124 – 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NJ. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be able to contact those being invited to interview.